Monday 30 June 2014

I've been waiting for this...

Every now and then life is complete bliss. I've been struggling to finish off my apprenticeship ever since I got pregnant two years ago and I JUST DID. I can't even.

I started working as an apprentice five years ago when I started secondary school and I ended up getting pregnant my third year in, even so I finished off the school part, and I took a break from the work part ever since I got pregnant. All the fumes and smoke are bad enough just being you in there, but having a baby inside you just makes you like "no. way." But this was something I had started and something I needed to finish. It was hard to go back after Lilly started kindergarten and I had days where I'd wake up feeling sick just because I didn't want to go, but things got easier.
Deep down I always knew they would, and that's what kept me going. And the promise to myself of something brilliant as a prize once I was done. Maybe mostly that.

I ordered the brilliant prize yesterday and I'm so excited for it to arrive. It's the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen, I once read a book about this girl and her necklace, it was described so beautifully and in the book everyone was after it, and I think that the necklace I'm waiting for should have its own book too. It is stunning. I will wear it and think of what I have accomplished, the strength of my willpower and last but not least, all the challenges that are to come (that once are overcome may allow me to buy matching earrings). Meow, bliss.





No comments:

Post a Comment